Optimal dental health is important in preventing decay and gum disease, and maintaining lifelong oral health. Gordon Family Dental offers the services of a qualified dental hygienist who is highly trained in optimising the dental health of our clients through education and tailored oral health and preventive programs.
Dental health appointments usually include diagnostic procedures to evaluate the health of your teeth and gums, in addition to treatment tailored to your individual oral health needs.
Your dental health appointment can include:
- a review of your medical history
- comprehensive assessment of your gum health
- oral cancer screening
- evaluation of your bite, chewing and swallowing patterns
- identification of any cause of bad breath (if appropriate)
- thorough cleaning and polishing of your teeth
- assessment of existing dental restorations
- evaluation of possible cosmetic enhancements of your smile
- application of decay preventing agents
- individualized oral hygiene instruction including instruction in tooth brushing and flossing, counselling in proper nutrition and recommendations for future treatment
- referral to specialists for specific treatment (as needed)
Depending on the health of your teeth and gums, you may need to visit the dental hygienist every three, six or twelve months. At each visit we monitor your customised oral hygiene program with a view to preventing problems rather than treating them many years later.