Neuromuscular dentistry is a term used when assessing the function of your jaw joints and muscles, looking at bite problems that may affect your overall dental health.
Problems in the jaw joint and muscles can cause a variety of symptoms including:
- Numbness in the fingers and arms
- Difficulty swallowing
- Limited movement of the jaw
- Clicking or grating sounds in the jaw joints
- Jaw locking- open or closed
- Pain behind the eyes
- Neck, shoulder or back pain
- Facial pain
- Unexplained loosening of the teeth
- Ear aches, stuffiness or ringing in the ears
- Pain or soreness in and around the jaw joints especially upon waking
- Noisy sleep due to grinding of teeth
- Worn tooth surfaces
- Broken or chipped teeth
Neuromuscular dentistry is just the first step in your dental health and can probably be suggested to be the most important.
If you are suffering from any of the above complaints, neuromuscular dentistry may be of benefit to you. Talk to the dental professionals at Gordon Family Dental today.